Thursday, November 27, 2008

My list just gets longer and longer every day!

Today is Thanksgiving!
I will tell you what, it has been quite a year since the last one. It seems like my list just get longer and longer everyday, the things I am thankful for. My family and friends, my goofy son, my great neighbors, the people I meet in passing and the inspiration and hope that I receive from all of them. My "just the right size" house on my cute little street, the wacky Texas weather, the small town I live in that has ever expanding resources and the beautiful openness and rolling hills that surrounds it. I could go on and on and on...
I take a moment every day to appreciate the beautiful life I get to live. Today on Thanksgiving, it seems so amplified. Maybe because so many people who normally may not take that moment every day, well... they are today. It fills the air with a sense of hope and wonder. We are all very lucky to have the opportunities and experiences that we do. Sometimes, in the midst of everything, it doesn't seem so lucky for some folks. I can tell you this though, whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever has been placed or thrown in front of you, you are exactly where you are supposed to be. There is good in everything. Sometimes we have to dig a bit deeper, sometimes we realize it later, sometimes the things we have hoped and planned for manifest...but there are things to be thankful for no matter what.
So may your list get longer and longer! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

What a wonderful post! So glad I stumbled on your blog!