Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beautiful Things...

The weather has been absolutely perfect here. It has been in the 70's and breezy, slightly overcast, a dream! When we first moved into our house about 5 years ago, all of the windows were painted shut. It was such a shame because they are the big kind of windows and there are so many. I remember when kiddo was just a little pile of baby in his playpen, I had the grand idea. I was going to pry them all open! Well about 40 minutes later (about 5 hours less time than I thought it was going to take) they were all able to open! It is so amazing to have such a great cross wind through the house. It is one of those things that just makes you happy. To not have the hum of the air conditioner, just he sound of the outside getting a chance to sneak in. I think it is also living in Texas. You know most of the time it is extremely hot, then it switches to extremely cold. There aren't many in between days. I absolutely appreciate the in between days though!

I have been wanting to experiment with some different fibers lately. Two of the ones I wanted to try I ran across today so I ordered them. I found a hemp and also a banana fiber. All of the banana fiber yarn I see is handspun already, it is just available to dye. I came across some actual loose fiber so I snatched it up! I am wondering if the hemp is going to be similar to the cotton. Anyway, looking forward to working with both! They are both undyed and just the natural color so I will have to dye them first, or maybe not, we'll see.

I finally ordered some Firestar and let me tell you, it is so fun and so sparkly! At first I had a hard time drafting it but then I kind of got in the groove and it adds such a neat dimension.

I don't think I have mentioned before how much fun it is to be a part of Etsy. I absolutely love being able to connect with people from all over the world. So far I have sent to many of the United States of America, Finland, Scotland, Portugal, Madrid, Australia, Canada and I have a customer that informed me that some of the yarn she bought was going to be travelling with her to Namibia Africa! I need to get a big wall map of the world so I can start putting pins to the places I have sent to. It would also be fun for the kiddo I am sure. Not the pin part, LOL, the map part.

Okay so this perhaps is my most random post ever. Sometimes I am just not sure what to write here! I ran into a lovely lady I know today at the store who mentioned that she had not seen me keeping up with my blog lately. So thank you for getting me back in here! I often forget how much fun it is to collect my thoughts here.

Until next time!

3 comments:

Heather Mitchell said...

hey! What are neighbors for!
Fabulous weather, I agree. Love it.

Ashley Bilodeau said...

ummm no no YOU ROCK!
tee hee

Lotta said...

Happy I found your blog, just wanted to say I look forward to the yarn coming my way and will come back and read your blog some more another time :)

Cheers,
Lotta @ silverknuten.etsy.com